One of the greatest advantages of staying in a villa is the personalised service provided by dedicated staff. The Istana’s staff are consummate professionals, exceptionally well trained and highly experienced.
- Villa Manager
- The Istana’s full-time manager is responsible for the overall operation of the villa, including staffing and guest satisfaction. A hospitality professional with many years’ experience in high-end hotels and resorts, he is helped by a front of house manager, and is always available by phone when not on site.
- Chef and cooks
- The villa’s highly experienced chef, head cook and assistant cooks prepare exceptional Western, Asian, and children’s dishes from the extensive individually priced menu, and are happy to discuss special requests and dietary requirements.
- The butlers take meal orders, wait at table and serve beverages throughout the day – they are dab hands at mixing cocktails. They also coordinate guest activities and act as concierge.
- The housekeepers are responsible for the cleanliness and tidiness of the villa, and work in shifts from 8am to 10pm. They are mindful of guest privacy and clean rooms with discretion according to the schedule of the guest.
- Spa therapists
- A well trained spa therapist is on hand daily. Spa treatments are on guest account.
- Security guards
- The villa estate is kept safe and secure 24 hours a day by a security team working in shifts.
- The engineers look after all maintenance on the estate.
- Grounds staff
- A team of grounds staff tends daily to The Istana’s immaculate gardens and pools.